CRASH: First 2007 Gumball 3000 FATALITY

gumballcrash2.jpg

It is with much sadness that I have to report that the 2007 Gumball 3000 has encountered its first fatality. A white Porsche crashed in Macedonia, near the city of Struga close to the Albanian border. Some locals were injured in the crash. The driver of the Red Volkswagen in the picture died on the way to the hospital and his wife is in intensive care, in critical condition suffering from broken ribs and fluid in her lungs.

This is extremely unfortunate for the Gumball 3000 as well as other ‘rallies’ of this type around the world. This accident will definitely serve as a precedent and example for putting more limitations and possibly shutting down or banning these annual events in some if not all countries.

[Source: GTspirit.com]

10 Responses to “CRASH: First 2007 Gumball 3000 FATALITY”

1. David Wilkinson said on May 3rd, 2007 at 11:03 am

Sheesh… That’s harsh man… 🙁

I wonder what this will mean for the future of such rallies?

2. Update: 2007 Gumball 3000 FATALITY « CarZi said on May 3rd, 2007 at 11:33 am

[…] 911 Porsche that crashed into the Volkswagen killing the driver and putting the passenger in critical condition was apparently the car of Nick […]

3. Vinay Menon said on May 3rd, 2007 at 11:45 am

The Gumball organizers better come clean and get in major Damage Control mode, cause any which way, this is not good.

4. Anthony Carbone said on May 3rd, 2007 at 12:16 pm

Yes, I wonder how long its going to take for all of them to fully sober up and deal with this… OUCH this is going to be a publicity nightmare and scar the Gumball 3000 for ever.

5. Jovan Panovski said on May 6th, 2007 at 2:18 am

Yesterday evening also the wife died… so the body count rose up … 2 dead in the accident…

6. Driver said on September 11th, 2007 at 1:53 pm

You know… That wreck looks like a low speed collision. Old VW’s are not known for their ‘safety’ element. A Rabbit from that era doesn’t even have shoulder belts!

I’ll bet that the Porche was obeying close to the speed limit and the old folks just pulled out in front of them like anywhere else in the world. It was just sheepish for Nick Morley and Matthew McConville to leave the area and an abuse of power on Former Yugoslavian Republic Of Macedonia for throwing them in the slammer for 30 days.

7. VW said on December 14th, 2007 at 9:14 pm

I thought that was a video.

8. Gumball Killers said on September 21st, 2008 at 12:13 pm

Gumball driver killers, I hate you, you are a killers.

9. Colon Cleanse ARCHIE said on April 27th, 2010 at 3:31 am

Hey, I’m just about to quote your article on my site and I thought I would check if its ok? I’ll put a linkback as well!

10. Legra said on May 29th, 2011 at 1:43 am

I do agree with all of the ideas you have presented in your post. They are very convincing and will certainly work. Still, the posts are too short for starters. Could you please extend them a little from next time? Thanks for the post.