Mercedes-Benz CLK Shooting Brake

Mercedes-Benz isn’t set to reveal its all-new 2010 CLK until early next year but new reports coming out of Germany claim a shooting brake concept version will be on display at the Paris Motor Show this October. The concept, previewed by the rendering above, is said to combine elements of a coupe and hatch and is slated for launch a year after the regular CLK coupe.

Mercedes Benz has lost ground in the premium coupe segment against its main rival BMW and its more recent E92 3-series coupe and to bolster sales the carmaker is looking at launching several new variants including this new shooting brake, according to a report from our German partners at Auto Motor und Sport.

For the new CLK designers have followed the style set by the larger S-Class sedan, picking up its high waistline, wedge profile and chiseled front end with angular headlights. The new lights are a departure to the current models conjoined circular units, featuring a squared, dual projector look that will be shared by the new E-Class.

Powertrains will be similar to the C-Class sedan including the new 272hp 3.5L V6 engine as well as Mercedes 5.5L V8 for the CLK500 (550) flagship. A Bluetec hybrid with a 224hp diesel V6 mated to a 20hp electric motor could also be offered in an attempt to help lower overall CO2 emissions for Mercedes.

[Source: MotorAutohirty.com]

10 Responses to “Mercedes-Benz CLK Shooting Brake”

1. dizzy said on January 16th, 2009 at 12:32 am

it made me jizz

2. zak said on January 25th, 2009 at 1:17 am

the taillights are hideous. i liked this car better when it was called a BMW 330ci. this car reminds me of overglorified chrysler

3. max said on February 3rd, 2009 at 11:42 pm

i can live with the front end. but they are getting really lazy when it comes to the rear. its like a girl with big tits but no ass and a ugly face! what happened the heck are they thinking! i agree, the tail lights and even the bumper is just eww! i hope someone at the mb design center read these comments and take it to heart and re think these bad designs! i will officially hate mercedes for releasing any of these lame cars in 2010. im a mercedes fan. but there hurting me with the cheap designs!

4. Brandon said on February 8th, 2009 at 11:48 am

I’m a mercedes fan, but I’m so disappointed with the 2010 clk model. It looks like cheap shit stuff. the front resembles those Got-rice Japanese car. The rear resembles the VOLVO old sedan. In conclusion, if this model lasts for 5 years, that means from 2010 to 2015, I will not buy Mercedes.

5. SadBoy said on February 19th, 2009 at 6:50 am

If this really is the new CLK is absolutely gross, what a huge disappointment. The current version is a stunning car, but please fire your designers on this one… and go back to the drawing board. It kinda looks like the CLC .. but perhaps even uglier. (and yes, I am a Merc owner!)

6. nouhad rizk said on March 1st, 2009 at 1:27 pm

i am not a mercedes fan. But surely the new look of the CLK encourage me to change to own one.

7. 0sane said on March 30th, 2009 at 2:11 am

I like it it can b my drem car

8. Brennan said on April 30th, 2009 at 2:24 pm

Wow, I’m surprised at the negative comments. I think the new CLK looks fab.

9. Rick said on June 23rd, 2009 at 8:41 pm

Sorry Charlies….you all got it wrong. This is the new E-Class.

10. Mobileblog said on August 5th, 2009 at 8:19 am

Very fast car. Really looks amazing and the design is perfect. I like cars with big acceleration and high speed.