Posted by Anthony CarboneMay 3, 2008 at 9:23 am
The new MKII GT40 will stay true to the original, featuring the styling inside and out and a rolling chassis built to accommodate any Shelby branded engine!! (Including the line 427FE V8). Since this vehicle is only a rolling chassis, no specs have been released.
Available in three different colors: Arcadian Blue with whites stripes, black with silver stripes and red with white stripes, the MKII GT40 will be limited to a production of 85 units in each color.
A race version will also be made available with extra features including a roll bar, fuel cell, see below for a list of some of the features available on all versions.
* Record sale into the Shelby Registry
* Shelby MSO and dash plaque
* Carroll Shelby engraved door handles
* Carroll Shelby etched left and right front headlight covers
* Roundels with 85 number decals
* Leather seating
* Hood wind diffusers
* CS GT40® numbered plaque
* CS GT40® side sill graphics
* Carroll Shelby signature floor and sill mats
* 85th Commemorative hood badge
* 85th Special Edition decal
* Available in right and left hand drive