Toy-Jet – Worlds’s First LS1 Porsche 911 Conversion

Toy-Jet – Worlds’s First LS1 Porsche 911 ConversionPorsche on the Outside, LS-1 Engine on the Inside. CRAZYNESS INDEED!! Check it out, its for real and upon a quick analysis this modified 911 must kick ASS to drive!

The SUPERCHARGED Z06 engine seems to fit beautifully in the back of this 911, and apparently weighs less than the original Porsche engine.

I absolutely love this guys descriptive writeup:

Warning: Make sure you are buckled up and the car is lined up perfectly parallel to the roadway before take off.

1st gear is short and brief.

At the instant you shift into second gear, then disengage the clutch, you will find yourself pinned into the seat while blood rushes violently towards the back of your head to feed this sensation. The violence has just began. This Beast when held in second gear, to 7000 revolutions per minute, will shift out at about 85 to 90mph. Unfortunately this does not give you much time to recuperate.

3rd gear allow you to recover briefly, but only after you reach 5500 rpm.

The Supercharger boost is almost instantaneous. This makes it very difficult to convince your passenger you are not secretly pushing a 200 shot of NOS while accelerating this Beast through the
gears.

4th gear will take you well beyond take-off speed for the average 747-Jet plane.

5th gear is ridiculous. This gear is for those who are insane or have no fear. The faster you go the less courage you may experience, unless you have seniority in the Indy car drivers club. You will find yourself short shifting into fifth gear at about 165mph. only to disappear into the sunset.

This Beast is only as ferocious as the nut behind the steering wheel. With all of the above considered, it is also quite docile. My wife uses this car for getting groceries and going to the local neighborhood meetings.

In Conclusion:
This Beast is Awesome, Insane, but also very fun and exciting to drive.

His #1 FAQ: How long did it take to invent the LS1 Porsche 911 & 914 conversion?
Answer: Thirty one days from start to finish, working daily after normal work hours.

… I smell an Engineer 😉

His quarter mile time to date is (11.94 sec at 114 mph) and was accomplished with a conservative take off because of the stock Porsche axles.

Weight of LS1 engine -vs- the Porsche 3.0 stock engine: 56 lbs. lighter
Weight of (ToyJet) cooling system -vs- stock Porsche Wing: – 35 lbs. heavier

The porsche 911 equipped with the LS1 conversion and Toy-Jet cooling system installation yields a
combined weight savings of 21 pounds lighter at the rear of the vehicle!!!

Want to know WHY he did it? Read Here!

Related Posts
Los Angeles – The Homemade Electric Porsche 914

[Source: Toy-Jet.com]

37 Responses to “Toy-Jet – Worlds’s First LS1 Porsche 911 Conversion”

1. Porsche Cars, Products and LifeStyle said on August 9th, 2008 at 12:04 am

Anthony,

Interesting find. I still don’t know how I feel about these type of conversions. I understand why he did it (after reading the link you put up) but just don’t agree with it. I guess I’m just too much of a Porsche Purist.

John

2. Casey said on August 9th, 2008 at 5:46 am

Hasn’t Renegade Hybrids in Las Vegas been doing this same conversion for years now? They specialize in putting LS engines in Porsches, and have built one hell of a reputation doing it. I’m not sure if they have done this exact conversion, but I’m highly skeptical that this is the first LS-1/911 conversion.

3. Casey said on August 9th, 2008 at 6:00 am

Yeah, it seems I’m right about this not being the first LS1/911 hybrid … unless the car is old, but the article is new. Renegade Hybrids (http://www.renegadehybrids.com/#) has a conversion kit to buy on their website … with pics. Unless I’m missing something here, it looks like you got beat to the punch.

4. Porsche Cars, Products and LifeStyle said on August 9th, 2008 at 9:03 am

@Casey

Anthony has it correct. The conversion above was done in 2000. The site you mention above doesn’t look like they even existed until ’06.

Fact checking is key…. 🙂

5. Porsche Cars, Products and LifeStyle said on August 9th, 2008 at 9:07 am

@Casey,

Looks like I need to check my own facts. 🙂 Renegade has been around since ’83. However, they go on to say their V8 Conversions with the LS1 are a very recent addition, so I think Anthony is still correct with his headline. Not to mention, that it is ToyJets.com making the claim…

6. mjt said on August 9th, 2008 at 9:19 am

Just because a website came to existence in some
    year, doesnt mean the company didn’t exist before
    that website’s birth. From Renegade’s website:

“Renegade Hybrids has been in the German car engine
    conversion industry for over 25 years now.”

So much for “fast checking is key”.

7. Porsche Cars, Products and LifeStyle said on August 9th, 2008 at 9:23 am

@mjt,

Did you not see my second comment?

And I believe it is “fact checking is key.” 🙂

8. Kevin Heath said on August 9th, 2008 at 10:29 am

Why do it? It looks shit. Especially with that stupid wing on the back.

Why not just spend the money on a newer Porsche?

9. Porsche 911 Lawn mower Photos | CarZi said on August 9th, 2008 at 7:02 pm

[…] Posts Toy-Jet – Worlds’s First LS1 Porsche 911 Conversion Toy-Jet Worlds’s First LS1 Porsche 911 […]

10. John said on August 12th, 2008 at 2:32 am

Hot. Rod. I want one. Gimme gimme gimme gimme.

11. eddie said on August 18th, 2008 at 1:56 pm

that sucks .. thats not fast ! all that work and time and just breaks the 11’s @ only 114 mph ? waste of time !!!!

12. […] Check it out: We originally found this link on a site called Carzi. You can check out the original article here. The mind behind this kick ass conversion is said to be an Industrial Electronic Technician who has […]

13. Toy-Jet said on August 25th, 2008 at 10:11 pm

I am the first in the world to do the LS1 conversion on the Porsche 911 and 914. I did it this conversion in late 1999, when it was believed it could not be done. I have since made a visit to Las Vegas and went to Renegade and met Scott in person. He treated me with respect. He will acknowledge this fact. I also hold the US patent on the rear mounted cooling system.

I have come to accept diss-belief as a compliment,

so thanks for the admiration.

14. Hayabusa02 said on September 4th, 2008 at 7:07 am

What makes no sense to me is the LS1 engine is from a stock C5 corvette from 1997-2004. The LS6 was the Z06 engine from the C5 corvette. So, the information is already wrong. I am curious where you put the supercharger since LS engine superchargers typically go on the intake manifold above the engine.

Personally, I think this is bogus.

15. dawgs72 said on September 10th, 2008 at 10:32 pm

I think you are thinking of a typical roots or screw style supercharger that bolts onto the manifold it appears that this is a centrifugal type supercharger which is not mounted onto the manifold but functions more similar to a turbocharger.

But I do agree with you on the z06 LS1 listing…

And that car should run the 1/4 mile quicker than 11.9 at 114… In an (I’m sure heavier) Trans-Am a similar setup should go mid-11s around 125mph.

16. Daniel said on September 20th, 2008 at 10:32 am

The idea is that the car is balanced all around, and the drive of a Porsche is an experience. I don’t like this at all. Kudos on the hard work though, but I would rather stick with stock.

17. 911 V8 : Porsche said on September 29th, 2008 at 11:51 am

[…] 911er V8 […]

18. steve said on October 20th, 2008 at 10:32 pm

he did not tell yall that he took off easy and missed a gear and the supercharger is there on bottom I seen the car I live by him it is fast have not seen anything on the street that can take it yet the car can run from a stop or a roll at just about any speed

19. Patrick said on November 26th, 2008 at 6:47 am

It is a lot of fun to modify cars in you own garage. I do it myself. But if you do mods why not try to produce something beautiful? It is so much more rewarding and not that much more difficult.
    Shinny mickey-mouse rims, awkward and oversized rear wing, ludicrous stickers all around. You can have a look at what Porsche produces if you need inspiration.
    Now if you dont care about the look and you are only interested in the performances of your car, from a mechanical point of view the combination between a 30 year old 911 and a new 500+ HP engine is obviously not a wise fit
    Anyway I suppose the most important is that you have fun doing that…

20. hpjdmengines said on December 3rd, 2008 at 11:11 am

Cool project. Adding more power with less weight in an already light car. I am sure the ride is amazing.

21. Jegan said on December 9th, 2008 at 9:40 pm

I resent these conversions. It’s an unnatural act of man that rapes the purity of the Porsche.

22. MrNoGoodWrench said on December 28th, 2008 at 4:54 pm

This banter is terrific!
    I have a 77 911S that couldn’t pull a greasy turd out of a … never mind. It has a 3.0 from a 79 SC which puts it about what, 180hp and the car weighs about 2800 lbs? You can do the math but it doesn’t take long to figure out that I better not mess with anything faster than a bicycle in a stoplight challenge.But I picked it up at an incredible price.
    I could sell the car to one of you purist freaks ( which you wouldn’t want because it is modified to look like a 91 Turbo) and go buy a later car. But then, the insurance company will build a new wing at the main office using my premiums, not to mention the repair bills if something were to go. Hey, I ain’t loaded. Money is always an object.
    What to do? Give up? Hell, no. While ya’ll were busy getting an edu-macation and subsequently getting good paying jobs, I was poking around under the hood figuring out what makes cars go. I think that fella was on to something with the Chevy engine conversion. But the supercharger is more of a gimmick than anything.
    If you can keep it simple, relatively cheap, highly reliable, and just plain fun, then you’ve got something good.
    That said, here is my proposal:
    Weight<3000 lbs (Careful consideration of parts will keep the weight low)
    Weight bias Front 62% Rear 38% with larger torsion bars
    Weight to Power <8.0:1
    G50 Trans ( The 915 ain’t no slick shifter)
    Bigger brakes, et. al.
    And lot’s of practice at the track to tune everything.

I think I can do an old-school chevy conversion using a Brodix aluminum block for about $9K. That’s about what it will cost in parts alone to rebuild my 3.0L air cool.
    Bye ya’ll!

23. c.o. said on December 29th, 2008 at 1:19 am

yuck kadiri na.. porsche yan tapos lalagyan niyo ng makina ng corvette? gago ba kayo?! hello?! hello yaya, such a loser..

24. […] Help me find it.. vette powered porsche I think I found it. Toy-Jet – Worlds’s First LS1 Porsche 911 Conversion | CarZi __________________ Mods: Rough Country 3" lift, Toyota Rock Rails, 285/70/17 BFG AT […]

25. mouhamed said on March 15th, 2009 at 9:57 pm

european chasey
    american motor
    WHAT THE FUCK

26. Porsche 914 with LS1 Corvette Engine | CarZi said on April 9th, 2009 at 8:13 am

[…] Porsche 914 on the Outside, LS1 5.7L V8 engine on the Inside. Remember our earlier post about the Toy-Jet – Worlds’s First LS1 Porsche 911 Conversion? Well here is the same great taste just wrapped up in a different package this time! This is a […]

27. Roy Ratner said on August 2nd, 2009 at 7:11 pm

check this out
    my 944 ls1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbQ9VVBC6ig

28. Ann Lawn said on September 14th, 2009 at 10:52 pm

Interesting.

Sounds like what I was thinking when I was trying to get a “Weed Eater” brand mower to start. (With a 6.5 HP B&S)

Thanks for posting.

29. Steve W said on September 17th, 2009 at 2:01 pm

Someone was questioning if this was REALLY the first 911 LS1 swap. It IS. It was first done in 1999. The car now has a larger supercharger and a forged motor.

30. Anthony L said on May 2nd, 2010 at 3:46 pm

I have frequented your posts before. The more I learn, the more I keep coming back! 😉

31. […] We originally found this link on a site called Carzi. You can check out the original article here. […]

32. used jeep parts said on October 21st, 2010 at 10:12 am

Okay, so take a Corvette LS1 motor and stuff it into a 911 and this is what you get. Not sure I agree with it, but interesting engineering.

33. Hojo Motor said on November 8th, 2011 at 10:44 pm

Hi my friend! I want to say that this post is amazing, nice written and come with almost all vital infos. I’d like to see more posts like this .

34. Filipe - From Brazil said on January 4th, 2012 at 12:22 pm

This is the most idiot thing that I ever saw in my life. If you don’t like Porsches, buy a GM, but don’t do this tipe of heresy! Go play Lego technick if you want to do some engineering dummie stufs!!!

35. Agustin Fikes said on May 23rd, 2013 at 11:12 am

An exciting dialogue may be valued at opinion. I do believe that you simply create far more for this subject matter, the item is probably not a new taboo subject however generally people are too few to converse in this kind of matters. To another location. Best wishes

36. Geoff Morgan said on September 21st, 2013 at 12:40 pm

Toy-Jet is a standup guy.. I’d like to thank hi for selling me his 6.2L L92 engine

37. issa bendeck said on June 26th, 2014 at 10:50 pm

its great , if we think that this engines fet just about any car, some call it the universal engine , cant help it , thats the way it came to be , somethings just get special for ever and ever, this engine is a perfect poof of it , so dont look at it as a chevy engine , but as an engine that came to be as a universal engine replacement for any existing car, made by a diversified , company that never thoughtthat it was gonna be that popular.and now lets enjoy it and look at it as a special powerplant for any aplication.